My favorite sound is the click of my laptop closing, signaling the end of the workday and the beginning of my time.
As someone who has the propensity to either do ALL the things or, conversely, nothing, my biggest struggle is knowing when to stop and take a break. It seems counterintuitive—to get more done, one needs to take more breaks—but I find this routine highly effective for me. When my energy level starts waning, I’m listening to my mind and my body and taking a break. I’m pausing to get a glass of water, hear the birds outside, take the dogs out for five minutes. Typically, after these mini-breaks, I’m ready to jump back into the task at hand.
Aside from the energy boost I’ve gained from these small breaks, I appreciate the small moments that make up the everyday parts of my life. Tiny moments of pleasure that I would overlook if I were plowing through my day.
I’m challenging myself to sit down and list these little moments of joy as a reminder to stop and smell the roses, to savor that moment of quiet, and bask in the delight of the everyday. One of my favorite moments is the sound of uncorking a bottle of Line 39 Cabernet Sauvignon at the end of the day. I’ve been drinking Line 39 for years (super easy to remember the wine name when I’m out and about!) and I’ve enjoyed their red varietals quite a bit. Hands down, my favorite is the Pinot Noir—a bright, lighter red (at a great value for the money!).
What’s your favorite moment of the day?
Here are a few of the moments bringing me joy right now.
- A glass of wine to unwind at the end of the day
- Watering your plants and watching them grow
- The sound of birds chirping outside
- Longer hours of sunlight in the spring and summer
- Reading for pleasure in the sunny spot in your home
- A self foot massage right before bed
- Cozy slippers after a shower
- That first cup of coffee in the morning
- Warm towels right out of the dryer
- Seeing bits of green pop up from under the snow
- The magical feeling you get when you replace your toothbrush
- The smell of freshly picked lavender
- Satisfaction from dusting your knickknacks
- The squeak of a clean window
- Sleeping with the windows open
- A glass of ice cold water when you’re thirsty
- How happy dogs look when running around outside
- The cool side of the pillow
- The smell of freshly washed laundry
- A fully charged phone battery
- A good conversation with a friend
- Eating a home-cooked meal (especially when you didn’t have to make it)
- A tidy kitchen at the end of the day, leading to: Waking up to a fresh, clean kitchen
- Easing into a freshly drawn bath
- The crisp smell of fall out your door
- The feeling of a freshly cleaned house
- Sunlight streaming in through the windows in the morning or afternoon
- The sensation of walking through a cool patch of grass
- The start of a weekend morning with nothing on the agenda
- Putting on a new item of clothing you’re excited to wear
- Sinking into the couch and turning on a show you’ve been waiting to watch
- Styling a shelf or a table, solely for the fun of it
- Freshly fluffed pillows
- Dancing in the kitchen, just because you wanted to
- Slipping into freshly washed sheets
- The sounds and smells of coffee brewing
- Checking in on sleeping children in their beds
- The noise of the mail being dropped in its slot
- The smell of butter and onions simmering
Want to experience more peaceful moments?
Find Line 39 in a store near you.
Or learn more about Line 39 here.
Editor’s Note: This post was sponsored by Line 39 Wines. The compensation we receive in exchange for placement on Wit & Delight is used to purchase props, hire a photographer, write/edit the blog post, and support the larger team behind Wit & Delight.
While compensation was received in exchange for coverage, all thoughts and opinions are always my own. Sponsored posts like these allow us to continue to develop dynamic unsponsored content. Thank you for supporting our partners!
Kate is currently learning to play the Ukulele, much to the despair of her husband, kids, and dogs. Follow her on Instagram at @witanddelight_.