Hi ladies! This time of year, I get asked about shorts for women over 40. How to wear them? What length? Today, I’ve got 5 tips for wearing shorts over 40.
First, if you don’t want to wear shorts, don’t wear them; there are no rules that say you have to wear them. There are other options; dresses like this from Amazon work great in the summer.
Flutter Sleeve Peasant Dress (I’m wearing a small) • Sandals (TTS) • Bracelets
Jumpsuits are another option, and I love this boho style. It feels like you’re wearing pajamas!
Blue & White Jumpsuit (I’m wearing a small) • White Tee (I’m wearing a small) • Sandals (TTS) • Earrings • Bracelets
Also, white jeans are summery and another great option this time of year.
Flutter Sleeve Top (I’m wearing a small) • White Jeans (I’m wearing a size 4) • Earrings • Sandals (I sized up 1/2 size) • Bracelets
Here are 5 Tips for Wearing Shorts
1. Wear self-tanner. Self-tanner hides imperfections, and I always feel better when my legs aren’t so pale. I shared some of the best self-tanners in this post HERE. I use the Loving Tan self-tanner.
2. Find shorts that fit you well. Don’t wear shorts that are too tight or too baggy. If needed, you can size up from your regular size, so they aren’t too tight.
Mixed Media Henley Top (I’m wearing an XS, cyndi10 for 10% off) • Shorts (I’m wearing a small) • Earrings • Bracelets • Lace-Up Sandal (runs big I sized down 1/2 size)
3. Inseam is always a big issue for most women who are over 40. There’s no hard-fast rule, and it depends on your height and body type as to what length will look best on you. Typically shorts are short (3½” – 4″ inseam), mid-length (5″-7″), or Bermuda (9″-11″).
I’m 5’5″ and prefer a 4 or 5-inch inseam.
4. Pay attention to the leg opening. I don’t like the leg opening too tight because it accentuates the largest part of my leg.
Flutter Sleeve Top (I’m wearing a small) • AGOLDE Parker Long Short (I’m wearing a size 28) • Earrings • Bracelets • Lace-Up Sandal (runs big I sized down 1/2 size)
5. Think about your body type, accentuate the positive, and minimize the problem areas.
- Tall ladies typically look great in bermuda shorts.
- Short ladies with short legs should stay away from bermuda shorts.
- If you’re curvy, high-waisted shorts are your friend. They accentuate your waistline.
- If you have a boyish figure (straight up and down), you can add details to your shorts—cute pockets on the backside with detail.
- Apple shape ladies typically have good legs, so accentuate the positive with dark wash jeans with a cuff.
Tie Shoulder Tank (I’m wearing a small) • Denim Shorts (I’m wearing a small) • Sandals (TTS) • Earrings • Bracelets
Bonus tip: To create longer legs, always wear light-colored sandals with your shorts.
American Flag Tee (I’m wearing a small) • Denim Shorts (These run big, I’m wearing a size 27, and I still have plenty of room) • Earrings • Sandals (TTS) • Bracelets
Do you have any tips to share?
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to stop by my blog. I’m also on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Beauty for the Heart~~ Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12 NIV
Truth: In many ways, we’re suffering from hope deferred. We’ve spent several years dealing with a pandemic, we seem to have social unrest every few months, and there’s the fear of inflation and limited food supplies. We’re all longing for “normal,” and it’s continually deferred.
Who knows what normal looks like these days, but thankfully our hope is not in “normal”; it’s in Jesus.
But the Lord is to be our only hope, our ever-present! He is never deferred. We have access to Him 24/7, and his presence is not limited by any circumstance or atmosphere of unrest. He is our tree of life! -Kristin Knipp
Let your beauty shine from the inside out today!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.
The post 5 Tips for Wearing Shorts Over 40 appeared first on Cyndi Spivey.